Thursday, July 17, 2008

Archbishop goes Troppo


Thanks to Ruth Gledhill of the Times, I have to post this photo of Rowan Williams. I would like to have a caption competition. Let me get the ball rolling:

1. Scottish Alcoholic: "Och Ai laddy, kin ya git me nother wee drum of lafroy?"

2. Insane apocalypticism: "Ha ha ha ha ... you fools ... the end is nigh ... ha ha ha ... GAFCON will destroy us all ... ha ha ha ... Gene Robinson ... TEC ... repent I tells you, repent ... before we all perish ... ha ha ha ... it is the end I says ... EPA ... EEEEPA."

3. Health: "Why I'm fine your majesty, no sleep and much medication make Rowy a most happy boy."

7 comments:

Nick Mackison said...

Jack Nicholson and 'The Shining' comes to mind.

hrobins said...

Mike, I do believe that your comic genius cannot be surpassed. However, in a pathetic attempt to do just that: "Glory be! I have finally found the magic golden eyebrow clippers I've been searching for!!"

Leigh T said...

Mike,

Only one hand visible...is the photo taken at a urinal in London? If so..."AAHHHHHHHHHH"

The Pook said...

"Cadel Evans is leading the Tour? Really? ...no wait, he's not Welsh is he?"

Groseys messages said...

Peter Jensen wants to do a pulpit swap?

Rev. Daniel McLain Hixon said...

Wow, Archbishop Rowan is clearly enjoying this whole "I get to lead the Lambeth Conference" thing, isn't he? Enjoying it alot.

andrea said...

After a long conference the new Captain Birdseye has faced the press!