Saturday, July 24, 2010

Paul's Rule - David Rudolph

A year ago I published a short piece in the Evangelical Covenant denominational magazine Covenant Companion titled "Weighing the Words of Paul". There I highlighted the one rule Paul says he lays down in all his churches. The rule is found explicitly, although not exclusively, in 1 Cor 7:17-21:
Each of you should continue to live in whatever situation the Lord has placed you, and remain as you were when God first called you. This is my rule for all the churches.
My good friend and professor at the Messianic Jewish Theological Institute has written a significant scholarly piece on Paul's rule that has been recently published electronically in the Journal of the Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations titled "Paul's 'Rule in All the Churches' (1 Cor 7:17-24) and Torah-Defined Ecclesiological Variegation".
I encourage you to read this importnat essay.

No comments: