Friday, September 21, 2007

Gotta Love Gospel

As I often say, what makes someone an evangelical is how they articulate, proclaim, and live out the evangel. I love hearing good expositions of what the gospel is, what it means, and how we "live a life worthy of the gospel" as Paul says in Philippians. As such, I'm glad to say that my friend Denny Burke has a great sermon about "The Gospel as the Power for Perseverance" which can be listend to online and it focuses on 1 Corinthians 15. In my opinion, discipleship is the process of gospelizing, whereby we begin to reflect the power and goodness of the gospel in our lives and in our relationships with other Christians and with the world at large.
Oh, that reminds me, did you know that Jesus was black? Think about it. He loved gospel. He called everyone brother. And he couldn't get a fair trial (I say that tongue in cheek).

2 comments:

Esteban Vázquez said...

While I find you comments thought-provoking, I'm afraid I must disagree. The more compelling evidence points to the fact that Jesus was a woman:

1. He had to feed a crowd, at a moment's notice, when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get the message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it.
3. Even when he was dead, he had to get up because there was more work to do.

Esteban
(who, although Puerto Rican himself, doesn't find the evidence that Jesus was Puerto Rican all that persuasive! :-)

Michael Pahl said...

As I often say, what makes someone an evangelical is how they articulate, proclaim, and live out the evangel. I love hearing good expositions of what the gospel is, what it means, and how we "live a life worthy of the gospel" . . . In my opinion, discipleship is the process of gospelizing, whereby we begin to reflect the power and goodness of the gospel in our lives and in our relationships with other Christians and with the world at large.

Right on, brother! Couldn't have said it better myself.