Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Reaping the Rewards


My deepest thanks to all of those who have purchased books, DVDs, and misc. items through my Amazon.com links. With the revenue it generates I have been given a gift certificate through which I have been able to add to my library the following volume:

James M. Robinson, The Nag Hammadi Library (San Francisco: Harper Collins, 1990).



My favourite passage in the entire NHC is still Gos Thom 114:

Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."
Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

This still makes me chuckle.

Finally, keep buying books and DVDS.

2 comments:

Skjou said...

I searched High and Low...no DVD's???

slaveofone said...

The narrative context is missing and therefore must be supplied...and some of the words were probably changed...but I think the parable is rather profound and amazing. I don't think the actual meaning has anything to do with females becoming male... There seems to be little attempt to really understand it and people write it off too quickly IMO.