Thursday, November 19, 2009

Off to SBL in New Orleans

I'm currently in Charlotte, NC (using free wifi thanks to Google) enroute to New Orleans, the "Big Easy" for SBL. Joel Willitts is already there. I'm not doing any papers this year as I'm there mainly to attend meetings and soak in some jazz music. My biggest anxiety is whether to go to Tom Wright's lecture on Justification on Sunday night, or else, attend the NT Theology session with J.D.G. Dunn, U. Schnelle, and D.A. Carson on at the same time. That's a hard pick, but I'll probably go for the latter. Also, I'm told by Hendrickson that the Faith of Jesus Christ book is literally flying out. So make sure you buy your copy before they sell out - and for the record, I predict they will sell out - it's a cracker-lacking book that is gucci to the max!

7 comments:

abcaneday said...

Michael,

I now have a copy. You and Preston and the Paternoster/Hendrickson editors did a great job on the book. It looks really good.

Indeed, copies are moving quickly. Each time I've walked by the Hendrickson booth the stacks are either diminished or have just been restocked.

It's been sunny and nice in New Orleans.

Terry Wright said...

It's definitely out? Both Amazon.co.uk and the Authentic Media website say it's only available for pre-order.

Anonymous said...

It's 'cracker-lacking'...does that mean no white people contribute to the book?

Doug said...

"literally": I think not.

Tommy Wasserman said...

Wow, I am also here at Charlotte airport using the wifi. I am heading for Munich and then to Sweden. It was nice to meet you in New Orleans Mike.

Tommy Wasserman said...

Sorry, I didn't see that the post was a few days old. Well, now I am here anyway.

Andrew R said...

Mike,
I didn't get a copy of the book, but I did pick up a copy of "Crossing over Sea and Land." Looking forward to it.
Andrew