Thursday, February 19, 2009

Michael Bird meets Rowan Williams

Apparently Michael Bird visited the Archbishop of Canterbury to explain why he had consented to bless same sex unions. I actually wrote to the good bish' of Niagra and asked if he'd be interested in a debate on the subject, "Are same sex blessings good for the Anglican communion?" I was after an honest and sincere debate with my name sake (imagine a theological debate that runs Michael Bird vs. Michael Bird). Sadly, no reply was forthcoming. A well-known Anglican journalist of great virtue told me not to waste my time with him. Perhaps he was right.

2 comments:

Ros said...

You can see why people would get the two of you confused: 'Michael Bird, the short one...'

Unknown said...

Eeek, there are two of you; I had no idea.

The other Michael Bird is shorter, though, surely?

David