Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Theology of the New Covenant

Two years ago I was honoured to give the annual Tyndale Fellowship New Testament lecture at Tyndale House in Cambridge, UK. My subject was "New Testament Theology Re-loaded: Integrating Biblical Theology and Christian Origins". This is about to be published in Tyndale Bulletin and the editors have have granted me permission to post it on my website. It is the manifesto for a larger volume on A Theology of the New Covenant that I hope to complete by late 2013 with IVP (Lord willing!).

4 comments:

JosephMinich said...

Do you think you'll be persuaded of infant baptism by 2013? Oh please oh please!

Bavinck! Read Herman Bavinck!

Jason A. Staples said...

Michael, after reading that, I think my diss project will dovetail very nicely with where you're headed. We should chat...

Fongster said...

Dear Dr Bird,

Thank you for that very stimulating paper. I guess your call is a good one - for New Testament Theology to be more grounded in both Biblical Theology and Christian (or NT canon) origins. My own interest is in seeing the next further step - how Biblical Theology relates to Systematic Theology and vice versa. I would love to hear your thoughts on that at some point (though you did cover a bit of that in your paper)

olsen lisa said...

Thank you for sharing your in-depth analysis and thoughtful explanations. keep posting. we are egarly waiting.
Many students find finance assignments challenging, due to a lack of knowledge or the lack of time to complete them. At our website, we provide a comprehensive range of finance assignment help services, such as financial analysis, risk management, investment analysis, and more. Students can also access help with their finance homework, exams, and quizzes. Our website offers 24/7 customer support, so students can contact us anytime via email, phone, or live chat.