Wednesday, August 05, 2009

One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Free Church

In my trip to Grand Rapids, I popped into the Eerdmans book store and brought for the bargain price of $1.60, I Believe: The Nicene Creed, which contains the Nicene Creed illustrated with lavish pictures by Pauline Baynes. The idea is to pictorialize the creed and make it easier for children to read. In the last few evenings I've been reading this with my girls. But I had a big smile on my face when my youngest daughter, Alyssa, recited it back to me, "One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Free Church". Apparently the Free Church of Scotland now has creedal status in the mind of one four year old girl!

2 comments:

Jason B. Hood said...

My four year old had the same problem. "And in Jesus Christ Methodist [my current employer, her current school, is "Christ Methodist" Day School and Church] our Lord"...

Eilidh said...

Haha well done Lyssa! good little Presbyterian girl you're bringing up there...