Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Book Auction for Charity


Due to some fortunate circumstances I have an extra copy of Adela Yarbro Collins & John Collins, King and Messiah as Son of God: Divine, Human, and Angelic Messianic Figures in Biblical and Related Literature (Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2008). It retails on Amazon.com for $28 (USD) or £16 (UK). I'm putting it up for auction in the comments section and the proceeds are to be sent to Compassion UK. Auction ends midnite Friday (postagge is free). It's a worthy cause, it is a cracking good book for anyone who wants to understand messianism and intermediaries figures as a background to the NT, and it is a great companion to Are You the One Who is to Come? written by moi.

6 comments:

Jason B. Hood said...

I'll start the bidding at 8 pounds UK.

Alyosha said...

Darn! I wish I hadn't just bought the book.

Tremonti said...

18 bucks to top the 8 pounds.

Nick said...

Hey Mike,

Would you consider this book an evangelical work?

Michael F. Bird said...

Tremonti,
Mate, I makes ou the winner of the auction since 18 USD equals approx £9. Send me your email address and we'll discuss the details!

Tremonti said...

Sure, my email add is jc_youth@hotmail.com