Friday, January 19, 2007

Alexandra Pelosi on Culture Wars

I do not normally comment on evangelicalism, American politics and the culture wars, but I did find this snippet from RNS to be interesting.

(RNS) “I believe in the culture war. And you know what? If I have to take a side in the culture war, I'll take their side. Because if you give me the choice of Paris Hilton or Jesus, I'll take Jesus.”
-- Filmmaker Alexandra Pelosi, talking to The New York Times about her new film, “Friends of God,” about evangelical Christians. She is the daughter of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paris Hilton v. Jesus is easy. But what if our choices end up as Paris Hilton v. Pat Robertson?

Because while I don't see much Jesus in the Hollywood types, the Religious Right doesn't show me much of Jesus, either. So, I don't have a side in the culture war. A pox on both their houses.