Saturday, January 06, 2007

Theological Book Network

I have just learned of the Theological Book Network who have as their mission: "To provide quality academic books and journals to the libraries of seminaries, colleges and universities in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East that provide theological training toward the development of leaders, teachers and clergy in the Christian Church."

This sounds like a worthy cause and readers should allow others to benefit from their excess library stocks. I just came across a second copy of Stephen S. Smalley's John: Evangelist and Interpreter on my shelves and now I know where to send it.

HT:James Darlack

1 comment:

Jim said...

This reminds me of a recent news report here in the States that noted that many of the clothing items people donate to benefit the poor are actually sold to a third party who in turn ships them to Africa where they are sold for a good profit on the market there.

So, I wonder how many of the books that are donated make their way to worthy theological libraries and how many are sold to bookstores and then sold again for a nice profit.

I'm not saying that this is WHAT happens. I'm suggesting that folk might want to check into this a little more deeply.