Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Baptist Logo

The Anglican Church League contains some of the more conservative members of the Sydney Anglicans and they are not afraid to dish out what they think about liberals and pentecostals and sometimes on other evangelicals in Australia (of course whether there actually are "other" evangelicals in Australia or even intelligent life north of Hornsby might be the root of the problem). While I'm a pro-GAFCON anglophile, the ACL's jibe at those who should be thought of as brothers is not always my cup of tea. But I have to say that I do agree with the implied jibe behind their recent report on the Australian Baptist's new logo. Australian Baptist Ministries (formerly Baptist Union of Australia) has taken out the cross and Bible from their old logo and replaced it with three concentric circles. Read the article and find out why. All I have to say to my Aussie Baptist friends is: (1) This is what happens when you let Victorian Baptists run anything of national importance; (2) Your new logo looks like an advertisement for treating ringworm; and (3) What a load of ... [fill in as preferred].

8 comments:

Ari said...

What a terrible logo!

Unknown said...

Crap Logo, what about the Presbyterians do you call them evangelical?

Nick said...

Was that made on Microsoft Paint!?

andrea said...

I hope they actually didnt pay for this!

Matt Viney said...

I've seen microsoft clipart that would serve as a better logo!

Groseys messages said...

Some of us might just keep the old logo and keep preaching Christ from the Scriptures... would they dare take our buildings if we did?

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm a Baptist minister in Brisbane, and I do not know anyone who likes the logo, or the reasons it was chosen! Apparently market research was conducted, but not in our market!! It's rubbish - we won't be using it. Instead we will use our own church logo that identifies our church as Christian (ie. a cross) and about people and God's word; both basic Baptist principles.

Anonymous said...

I tried being a Baptist Pastor. It's this kind of nonsense that makes me glad I left. It's embarrasing, but they're told by Rick Warren to ignore criticism so it will stay as they sink into the oblivion of irrelevancy.