Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blogging through SROG

Over at Christians in Context: From Orthodoxy to Orthopraxy, Jeffrey Bruce is blogging through my book The Saving Righteousness of God (SROG) which I've promised to interact with. In his first installment he says some incredibly nice things about me, and then takes an underhanded dig at my like for the music of Andrew Lloyd Weber. Jeff, thanks for the compliments, but I'll respond to your jibe by asking this:

Q: What is the difference between America and a tub of yoghurt?

A: If you leave of a tub of yoghurt for 200 years it will develop a culture!

Otherwise, he also has a summary of the first chapter of the book here.

2 comments:

John Mark Inman said...

do you think you're book will be published by someone else and at a lower price? I really would like to read it, but when I see $30, I just can't do it. I guess I'm too cheap.

Anonymous said...

No culture?

May I remind you that all of the great phantoms have come from this side of the Atlantic. This video provides incontrovertible proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkxRsrpsAcQ

Actually, I'm quite fond of Phantom of the Opera. I just grew up with a sister who constantly reminded me that Sondheim is better than Webber.