Friday, August 05, 2005

Everything that has a beginning must have an end!

Today I handed in my thesis for examination. I'm glad to say that Aussie PH.D's, at least in my department at the University of Queensland, have no viva or oral defence. It is a good feeling, so many conflicting emotions. The journey has almost ended. I await the remarks of my examiners and hope for conferral of the D in the following months. I've said it once and I'll say it again: soli deo gloria! Thanks also to my wife Naomi for spending the first seven years of marriage with me as a student. It is a lot different to the AJ (Army Jerk) that she married in February of 1999. To all the budding PH.D candidates out there, I am proof that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for us all. Keep persevering until the end, for those of us who study in light of Christ's resurrection, we do not labour in vain!

No comments: